Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Honey...It's a good thing you're pretty...

Because the fever has fried your brain!
Get a load of this world...
Recently the flu found us...all of us.
During this glorious time, a straight-faced, flu stricken
Bit O' Honey told me about an old saying...
it goes like this:
"When Mom's sick the world stops, when Dad's sick no one cares."
Really???
Funniest thing babe, I don't remember passing you in the hall
(through the night and into the dawn)
on any of my sixteen trips to the kitchen, where,
I emptied the puke bowl, pounded Advil and filled cups with
ginger-ale and Gatorade, you know, to keep
three children from dehydrating...because
they also had the flu...
I also am having trouble remembering
if I saw your door even open during the night...
You know what though, I have to be fair...
It could have happened during my "me" time...
the part of the night I spent emptying the contents
of my own stomach (from both ends)
in the other bathroom...
(between trips to the kitchen)
Now babe, I'm a little fuzzy...
how's that saying go again?
p.s. My apologies, parts of this post
definitely fall under the "over share" column...
but it was necessary...
also, there really is such a thing as fried brain,
I came across pictures of it while I was "googling"
a picture for this post.

1 comment: