Monday, March 21, 2011

My kids are happy...


You can see it in their faces...
All the worry and stress seems to have faded away...

But...

I must tell you, the one on the left is growing up.
I know because when the bus pulls up
I get a wave where once
there was a kiss and a bear hug...

We want a new baby in our family ever so much...
I look at any child under 4 and think:
I will treasure that so much more next time around...

But...

 Is my wishing for tomorrow
causing me to miss today?

Will I look at an 8 year old when I'm 40 and think:
I should have treasured that more...

If you think about it, that question could apply
to any part of life...right!

Right now we live in a basement...
A BASEMENT!!
All 5 of us in one room...cozy.
Anyway...
We are starting a new life...and...it's kinda fun!

I picture us in 10 years laughing at
the stories we'll tell about:
"Dead Betty"
she's the dress form that lives in the closet that's
on Bit O' Honey's side of our bed...super scary!
Or...
how "noisy" a certain
Baby Ruth is first thing in the morning...
"bfttt..." and a giggle from across the room
usually means she's up for the day.
Then there's Fun Friday...
movie night has never been so dark!
3 kids
2 parents
1 love seat
a bowl of popcorn
and
the latest Barbie movie
in a room that's black as night
no matter what time it is...
Good times.

So I guess I'm saying:
Enjoy today because it'll be gone tomorrow.

Someday I know we'll look back on this time
and wish we could have some of it back.

Okay...I wasn't going to but it fits...


No comments:

Post a Comment