Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bellybuttons, Dream Homes, and a Lack of Faith...


Because I know years down the road I'll forget...
I took a picture.

We're officially house hunting...
and I'm crossing my fingers that the hunt is over.
We found it...
The house of our dreams...
(one needs to be in a dream-like state to see what the house could be)
But I lack faith...
faith that I'm that lucky...
(to live in the house of my dreams)
faith that it will all work out in our favor...
faith that the bank will accept our offer...
(our 45,000 under asking offer on
a house that's already listed 30,000 under market value)
no one's trying to cheat anybody it's just the house needs work...
lots and lots of work...
(over 25 walk-throughs and not a single offer, work)
work in the form of...
a new roof
new windows
new siding
new carpet upstairs
new floor in the kitchen
and that's just to make it habitable.

It sounds terrible but really it isn't...

So back to the faith part...
I need to have faith that we could move into this
2200 sq ft  5 bedroom  2 1/2 bath
home of our dreams...

Looking at my life the faith part should come easy...
I'm a stay-at-home mom to four amazing children...
I'm married to the man of my dreams...
I have the best friends and family...
I'm living 10 feet from the ocean...
Hello me!

But looking at my life it's easy to see why I might lack faith...
In this world...
who gets to have it all??


No comments:

Post a Comment