Friday, January 28, 2011

It's really cold here...


Umm....Kit-Kat, probably not the best idea.
Please remove your sisters head from that tunnel.
Thanks.


So cold that the girls missed the bus the other day
because I was positive they'd cancel school.
Why get out of bed if they're going to cancel school?

They didn't.

Never mind that it was -10...
oops...
forgot to mention the windchill that made it
-25!
Seriously...

The girls don't seem to mind though.
They LOVE the snow...
even Chocolate Chip...
who, if you knew her,
would rather die than be dirty, cold, or wet.

You know it's funny...
whenever I hear Chocolate Chip,
I always think Cookie...
Which makes me think of my niece.


Who looks Asian in this picture but really isn't.
We got to spend everyday with Cookie before we left.
It feels so much like she's missing...
I would just stare at her sometimes and laugh
at how much of us she had in her...

 

Like her love of bananas...



      And barbeque chips...
Not to mention her insomnia...
She got that from Chocolate Chip...
So many afternoons while the house was sleeping
it would be...


Her...


Chocolate Chip and me (no image needed)...


Cookie's antics would always have us in stitches...



Like how she'd let us put anything on her head...



No matter what it was...



And make it look fun.

Dear Sister,
Would you please send me cookie?
After all you do have another coming in June
and it's only fair to spread the wealth.
I promise we'll take excellent care of her.
I really don't want to have to tell Mom that
you're not sharing.
But I will.
Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment