Friday, March 23, 2012

Changes...



Last Spring Baby Ruth would come to the dinner
table like this almost nightly...
She'd race in...
eat...
then race back out...
leaving no time in between to remove the helmet.
The girls were so excited for the nice weather
they could barely take time for a meal.

It's that time of year again...
only instead of a bike helmet
she and her sisters try to come to the table in bathing suits...

I stood on the front balcony with Mr. Goodbar this afternoon
and just took it all in...
Our time in section 8 paradise is winding down...
We'll soon be trading sand and sunsets
for gravel and street lights...

What's strange is I don't mind...
Mostly because, when we do leave
it'll be to move into our home...
And that means we'll be in a place ...
where the kids can be kids
where the toilet doesn't have rules
where everything we own can be one place instead of three
where I can hang my pictures
where a door frame will become a height chart...forever.

I've always wanted to give my kids what I didn't have...
one home to grow up in, leave from, then bring their families back to.

Maybe it's an unrealistic hope these days
but what can I say???

This girl just wants the impossible.

1 comment:

  1. It's not impossible, that is exactly what I'm striving for! I can't wait for you to have that dream!

    ReplyDelete